Skip to main content

The What If Series Introduction


The What If… Series

              What if we focused on how to truly solve problems, instead of putting band-aids on bullet wounds? What if we restarted discourse so that we focused on how to help each other, instead of complaining about how we are not as happy as we could be? What if we spent more time talking about the good we can do, instead of the evils done by others? These and other fundamental questions will drive my new What If… series of blog posts.

              The inspiration for the series comes from my experience as a classroom teacher. I am a fan of discourse and questions in the classroom, and encourage them from my students. Often, I will hear a “What if” question from my students, usually presented as a source of distraction. My answer to this is often, “Your guess is as good as mine. Think about it and let me know what you come up with.” While the students often ask for my opinion on the question, I encourage them to look at facts and observations to come up with their own unique answers. It is this creative approach to problem solving that I think holds the key to humanity’s development.

              Inspired by my students, I have asked myself many “What if” questions in my journey to make sense of the world. I have a desire to change the world so that all people, and the world as a whole, are happier and healthier. I have a vision for the future that my heart aches to see made reality. In order to see my dream vivified, I have embarked on a quest to seek knowledge from those whose ideas have shaped the growth and development of society. Their wisdom is molding my vision and giving it form. The resulting blog series will be my illumination of the ideas I think can truly help my nation, and this world, be a significantly better place.

              Each post will focus on one What If… question. It will take several of these to fully explain my solutions for any given social issue, as each cannot be solved with a simple action or piece of legislation. I would like these posts to lead to discourse, so please share those you would like to discuss. I also encourage you to reach out to me for a one-on-one discussion. I do not claim to have all the answers, but I do claim to have a unique perspective and a heart that truly wants the best for everyone. My hope is that through this journey, people find solutions even more feasible than mine, and work together to see them come to pass.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Hold

  The Viral Candidate – On Hold               I really don’t want to run for office. I’m an idea person, not an implementation person. I have a lot of ideas that I think would do a lot of good. I realized that all the political candidates have done something “noteworthy” in politics or life before trying to run the country. This feels elitist, but also ensures intelligent, capable people are the ones running. Or maybe those are the people who refuse to run because our political landscape has gotten so toxic. With that thought, I want to finish some of my ideas and do something larger than being a high school teacher before I try to imagine a national political campaign. Therefore, I am putting the Viral Candidate project on hold for a year.               I have been trying to find a way to build a platform and have done so with little guidance so far, and little success. The only accomplishment I have in writing is one book being published by one of the nefarious for-profit edges o

The Viral Candidate - Introduction

  What if a public-school teacher ran for President of the United States? Just to be clear, I am talking about me. What if an average American ran for president?   Twenty years ago, this would have been unthinkable, as there was no inexpensive and effective method to disseminate information to enough voters. The PAC’s will certainly ignore anyone who has no interest in increasing their wealth, so where would the money come from? Now we have social media, the internet, and GoFundMe. I can share information with the largest voting block without spending a dime; merely becoming viral will get me the support and start the discussions to bring voters around to a new (and old) way of campaigning. GoFundMe will allow a person with student loan debt and making less than living wage to go around the country and talk to fellow Americans about what they need. This is the first thing that will separate me from the pack: I want to listen. I want to know what you need. What we are afraid of

Once Upon A Dystopia Episode 1

  Once Upon A Dystopia … housing became a human right. Millions of people were homeless. Hundreds died of exposure every year. Most of those affected were veterans in need of medical care. The people had had enough. But they hadn’t, yet. Those without homes or preferred nomadic lifestyles were less likely to vote, and therefore their concerns drowned out by superfluous issues that the housed could focus on. When a generation was unable to afford a comfortable and consistent roof over their heads, the people decided that housing was a problem worth solving. The Human Rights Amendment narrowly passed on its tenth iteration, but it was responsible for, among other things, providing a stable roof over every citizen in the country for those who wanted one. The HRA was inspired when its prototype, the Equal Rights Amendment, failed a decades’ long battle to pass. The Housing Rights Article in the HRA is the third in the amendment, in honor of the original Constitution’s original third pu